Re: [HACKERS] Parallel regress tests (was Re: FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel regress tests (was Re: FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
> >     I'm thinking about another enhancement to the regression test
> >     now.  Something where at least two sessions can  run  queries
> >     in  a  predefined  order. Otherwise, something like the above
> >     cannot be checked during regression.

> Peter, in your slicing and dicing of psql, did you end up with anything
> that might make this a feasible approach?

Um, you could call another psql from within psql, like so:

/* psql script */
create this
select that
\! psql -f 'second-script'
select more

That satisfies the requirement of two separate sessions and a predefined
order. I haven't actually tried it, but if it happens to not work as
desired, it could certainly be fixed.