Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> psql: not ready for prime time, according to Peter (who should know ;-)).

I could also go for a Feb 1st deadline. By then I could also have some
minor tweakage of initdb and makefiles done, and rewrite the INSTALL doc
so the install process is easier. (Always a good selling point.)

I would have to agree that waiting for all our 7.0 wishes to become true
might mean an indefinite wait at the worst. Release early, release often
is what makes open source projects successful.