Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Just to add my two cents here, a Jan 1 feature-freeze is most definitely
> > not going to work for my part, as there are still some subtle and not so
> > subtle things to tie up.
>
> That is interesting, because Peter's psql changes are some of the
> features I wanted to get out to users in 6.6.

In case you're interested, this is what definitely still needs to be done:

* \e to edit previous query
* match up \do with COMMENT ON OPERATOR
* actually fix up those comments in the catalogues
* smoothen out tab completion
* write a Windows makefile [ <--- up for grabs! ]
* re-generate regression tests
* make sure the output looks like it should before doing the above
* (maybe more)

These are all not very challenging but do take time, which I currently
don't have.

Also, I think there are some problems with using psql with old servers, in
particular some internal queries generated by \dd or \do create weird
notices.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?