Re: [HACKERS] pg_ctl

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_ctl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> pg_ctl [-w][-D database_dir][-p path_to_postmaster][-o "postmaster_opts"] start

> postmaster.pid and other files under the directory. -p specifies the
> path to postmaster. If -p is not given, default path (generated as
> $(BINDIR)/postmaster while making pg_ctl from pg_ctl.sh) will be used.

May I issue a complaint? The use of the configure time generated BINDIR
for finding binaries at run time is not only an explicitly discouraged
abuse of the whole autoconf concept, it might potentially lead to big
problems when packages are built in temporary trees. I'm currently working
on a portable "which" alternative. When I get it done, I'll suggest that
one to you.