Re: [GENERAL] does GIS DMS data type already exist?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [GENERAL] does GIS DMS data type already exist?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Funny, just today I was thinking "Hmm, a DMS data type might be useful to
implement."

Right now there is no such thing (in the official sources anyway). Unless
you want to walk the long path of making up your own datatype (which we'd
appreciate, of course), you might be better off creating a conversion
function or two in the backend or letting the frontend handle the
conversion.

(Of course, if you do create conversion functions in the backend, you are
already half-way to having your own datatype.)

On second thought, perhaps you could abuse the time datatype. Of course
it's more like HMS, but perhaps you could make a spin off.

    -Peter