Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> However, istm that we could/should have more "default settings"
> traveling in the pg_database table. We've got the encoding, which if
> set for template1 will be set for every db. We've got the database
> location, which can point to an alternate location.

I don't think this should be a per database setting. Why not use an
environment variable PGDATESTYLE for it. That's easy enough for now.
Before we throw all kinds of per database defaults around, I'd like to see
some sort of a concept where exactly a "database" stands versus "schema",
etc. What happens if one day queries across databases are allowed?

> For v7.1, I'm hoping to work with Tatsuo and others to get closer to
> the general character sets and collation sequences allowed by SQL92.

Excellent.