Re: [HACKERS] TODO item

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:

>     And if this storage manager would work with  some  amount  of
>     preallocated  blocks,  it  would  be  totally  happy  with  a
>     fdatasync()  instead  of  a  fsync().   Some  per  tablespace
>     configurable  options  like  initial  number  of blocks, next
>     extent size and percentage increase would be fine.

On Linux, fdatasync() does exactly the same as fsync(). On FreeBSD (3.4),
fdatasync() isn't even documented and I can't find it in any of the
include files either. What I'm saying is that for the vast majority of our
users this would most likely buy exactly nothing. I just wanted to point
that out, not dismiss the idea.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Questions on 7.0 for RPM building
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Questions on 7.0 for RPM building