Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > What is does is some sort of sed s/genericpassword/realpassword/ so I
> > guess this is not completely safe either. But something like this you'd
> > have to do. Can I count you in on beating Bruce into submission for an
> > initdb in C? ;)
>
> Just a thought...since its a script, why not put the password into an
> environment variable and read it from that?

That won't solve the problem. The password has to be substituted into the
catalog template and sed is the way to go for that. I guess it's a long
shot to worry about that now. And option --pwprompt should be relatively
safe until initdb is a C program.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated