a little addition to INSTALL

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема a little addition to INSTALL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I think we need to add this to INSTALL file after setting
environmnet variable TZ.

'If you compile Postgres with --enable-locale option set locale environment to C (or unset all LC_* variables)before
startingpostmaster.'

Several regression tests could failed if user's locale collation
scheme is different from that of standard C locale.

For example select_implicit and select_having failed on my
Linux machine when I start postmaster and use koi8-r locale
and passed fine if I unset all locale variables.
I don't know why collation scheme of my locale affects to english
characters ? but this could be a source of confusion for people.

results/select_implicit.out:
c       |count
--------+-----
AAAA    |    2
BBBB    |    2
bbbb    |    1 ?????
CCCC    |    2
cccc    |    2
XXXX    |    1

expected/select_implicit.out:
c       |count
AAAA    |    2
BBBB    |    2
CCCC    |    2
XXXX    |    1
bbbb    |    1
cccc    |    2

I think my locale is broken in this respect.

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83