Re: [HACKERS] psql's help (the LIMIT stuff)

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql's help (the LIMIT stuff)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I also would like to use Web-optimized postgresql in production.
Patched postgres (second trial) passed all regression test on my
Linux box and seems nothing was broken. How about
--enable-limit option to configure so people could make a choice ?
Regards,
Oleg

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Jan Wieck wrote:

> > We are close to final, and can easily put it in 6.4.1, which I am sure
> > we will need, and if we split CVS trees, you'll have lots of minor
> > versions to pick from.  :-)
> >
> > Seems like it would be a nice minor release item, but the problem is
> > that minor releases aren't tested as much as major ones.  How confident
> > are you in the code?  What do others thing?
>
>     I regression tested it,  and  did  additional  tests  in  the
>     SPI/PL  area.  It  works.  It only touches the parser and the
>     executor. Rules, planner/optimizer just bypass the values  in
>     the  parsetree.  The  parser  and  the  executor are parts of
>     Postgres I feel very familiar with (not so in the optimizer).
>     I  trust  in  the  code  and  would  use  it  in a production
>     environment.
>
>     It's below.
>

> Jan

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83