Re: GUI to postgresql - tcl/tk

От Silvio Emanuel Barbosa de Macedo
Тема Re: GUI to postgresql - tcl/tk
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi there, portuguese fellow!

You can use pgaccess. It comes with pgsql source. If you use the
postgresql binaries, I advise you to use sources and compile and install
it [postgresql] - it's a really easy process... and you'll get version
6.4.2.

Any way, if you insist in binaries, I think that a postgres-pgacces rpm is
available.

It's very good... and you can see all the SQL equivalent commands.
You can design functions, querys, tables, forms (!), etc...

but, although you can use portuguese accentuated letters, you won't see
them - for example, ',c' will show as \xe7... but no problem... you can
still select nomes from filmes where tipo='ficcao' -- well written ficcao:)
This restrictin has to do with tcl/tk pgaccess script , not with
postgresql...

Note, that in case you try it and it doesn't work,
you should add ' -lcrypt ' to the SH_LIBS (something similar) line
 in the  Makefile inside the src/interfaces/pgtcl (somthing similar) and
recompile and reinstall that libtcl*.so . Postgresql global makefile and
source distribution are missing that dynamic lib linking...

I'm sorry for the 'something similar' things... I can't at this moment
login in my computer because of security restrictions...

Good Work!

Silvio Emanuel Nunes Barbosa de Macedo
mailto:smacedo@inescn.pt

INESC - Porto - Grupo CAV
Pc da Republica, 93 R/C   Tel:351 2 209 42 21
4000 PORTO  PORTUGAL      Fax:351 2 208 41 72