rules

От Remigiusz Sokolowski
Тема rules
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi!
I try to learn how to create rules in postgres, but something goes wrong,
cause nothing happens (or eventually some errors).
I have two tables
create table one (
    one_id     int4 primary key not null default nextval('schem_seq'),
    one_name text,
    one_lock text
);

create table many (
    many_id            int4 primary key not null default
                nextval('schem_seq'),
    many_onef        int4 not null, //this is foreign key equal
to one_id from one table
    many_name        text,
    many_lock        text
    );

I try to create two rules
-first one on update one_id in one table
CREATE RULE rupd_one AS ON UPDATE TO one
    DO UPDATE many
        SET many_onef = new.one_id
        WHERE many_onef = current.one_id;

-second one on delete record from one table
CREATE RULE rdel_one AS ON DELETE TO one
    DO DELETE FROM many
        WHERE many_onef = old.one_id;

In short these two seem don't work. I'm not sure of either syntax or some
other errors - psql at first rule don't report any errors, just output
UPDATE 0
and second one usually something like this:
PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel
before responding.
        This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request.
    Thanks for any response
    Rem
Remigiusz Sokolowski      e-mail: rems@gdansk.sprint.pl           * *