Re: Support of getting generated keys in driver version 8.4devel

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Support of getting generated keys in driver version 8.4devel
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Mi�osz Tylenda wrote:

>> I intentionally left supportsGetGeneratedKeys false because we don't
>> support returning generated keys by column indexes. �Without knowing how
>> used that method is, I'm not sure if this is more or less helpful. �I'm
>> open to input if people think we should change it to true.
>
> Kris, my picture is that I work with Apache OpenJPA - an object-
> relational mapper. OpenJPA checks whether generated keys are supported
> by calling DatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys(). If true, the
> generated keys are retrieved from PreparedStatement by giving column
> names. If false, a second query is executed to get the value of
> sequence associated with serial column. So, in the OpenJPA context,
> supportsGetGeneratedKeys returning true would be more helpful, but I
> can also imagine a case where it would break things.

Please try this updated driver which supports generated keys for prepared
statements as well.  I've also flipped supportsGetGeneratedKeys to true as
I believe that will be more helpful to more users.

http://ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/genkey/

Kris Jurka