Re: BUG #4483: setAutoCommit false shouldn't be necessary for fetchSize to work

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: BUG #4483: setAutoCommit false shouldn't be necessary for fetchSize to work
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, David Smiley wrote:

> Bug reference:      4483
> to work
> Details:
>
> No matter what is going on internally within the JDBC driver, I don't
> believe disabling autoCommit should be necessary to benefit from the
> fetchSize hint (i.e. cursors).  As long as the user code hasn't iterated to
> the end of the resultSet yet, the semantics of autoCommit are irrelevant.

Unless the cursor has been opened WITH HOLD, the cursor will be closed at
transaction end.  So to be able to fetch data from the cursor you must not
have autocommit on.  Since the JDBC driver uses protocol level cursors
(portals), it doesn't even have the option of specifying WITH HOLD.

Kris Jurka