Re: JDBC types vs postgres types correspondation

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: JDBC types vs postgres types correspondation
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 10 May 2008, Marco Solinas wrote:

> We have a problem with the JDBC types. We need to find out the
> correspondation table between jdbc types and postgresql type.
> What we're trying to do is to build a CREATE TABLE query where a column has
> to be of type "character varying", but we're not able to find the
> corresponding JDBC type.

You are getting hit by a bug in the JDBC driver.  The output of
DatabaseMetaData.getTypeInfo is supposed to be sorted by closest match to
DATA_TYPE, but it is not.  So you're just getting a random match for a
datatype that can represent text.

Kris Jurka