Re: GSSAPI and V2 protocol

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: GSSAPI and V2 protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 03:34:19AM -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to authenticate using GSSAPI over the V2 protocol?  Is
>> there any documentation on the message formats for V2?
>
> Honestly - don't know :-) Never looked at that part. I mean, the V2
> protocol is *really* old by now, isn't it? Do you actually need it for
> something?

The JDBC driver exposes an option to connect via either protocol version.
I was looking at adding GSSAPI support and it seemed orthogonal to the
protocol version used, but I couldn't get it working under V2.  People
still use the V2 protocol to connect because it uses string interpolation
for ? in prepared statements while V3 passes them out of line.  So for
apps that do things like "SELECT timestamp ? " that will only work under
V2.

Kris Jurka