Re: Pg JDBC3 driver and savepoints

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Pg JDBC3 driver and savepoints
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Matt Chambers wrote:

> Has anyone here used the Spring Framework and JDBC template and nested
> transactions?  The documentation for Spring claims that if the JDBC driver
> supports save points then it would use them in particular situations, for
> example when you marked a method as a nested transaction.   I know postgres
> supports save points and that I can manually save point, but the spring
> framework is not detecting the driver supports save points. Is there some
> savepoint interface that has to be implemented?

I would guess Spring would use DatabaseMetaData.supportsSavepoints() to
determine if it can use savepoints.  Our implementation of that says,
"return connection.haveMinimumServerVersion("8.0");", so as long as you've
got a 8.0+ server it should work.  For more details you'd have to ask the
Spring people.

Kris Jurka