Re: How to add data with ResultSet object?

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: How to add data with ResultSet object?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, vasylenko@uksatse.org.ua wrote:

> I use "SELECT * from ONLY forcehol" to see raws.
>
> -->     //here we have exception    with the text "No primary key found for table ONLY"
>        rs.moveToInsertRow();
>
> How can I beat such exception about unccorect analysing of my query with
> ONLY syntax?

This is a known driver bug.  The parser to determine the base table of an
updatable result set is *very* easily confused.  Aside from fixing the
driver the only way to fix this would be to use a view to hide the ONLY
from the driver.  CREATE VIEW myonlyview AS SELECT * FROM ONLY forcehol
and then writing appropriate insert rules on it so that you can have the
driver select from and insert into the view.

Kris Jurka