Re: OIDS > INT_MAX displayed wrapped around

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: OIDS > INT_MAX displayed wrapped around
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> I don't know how I can build such a test case. My generate_series to
> build a billion inserts just failed with a "write failed" message...
> Here is the patch. It compiles and works on my laptop but I don't know
> if it really fixes the issue. If someone with a big enough database can
> apply the patch and compile pgAdmin with it, I would be really happy to
> know about the result.

I actually have a tiny database that I was testing the JDBC driver's large
oid handling with and happened across this problem.  You can use
pg_resetxlog's -o option to set the next oid to any value of your
choosing.  Or you can wait for beta three and I'll test again.

Kris Jurka