Re: Fix resultset results after updateBinaryStream

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Fix resultset results after updateBinaryStream
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Mikko Tiihonen wrote:

> The current UpdateableResultSet tests did not properly test more complex
> binary data updating. The following patch makes the test a bit harder
> and fixes the driver to pass the test.

I think this works for the single row update and then retrieve test, but
if your ResultSet has two rows and you do update, next, and then getBytes,
won't it have the wrong fields[i].getFormat() value?  The problem is that
we need to keep the format on a per row basis.  Consider a scrollable
updatable resultset, any row can have either text or binary format.  The
safest thing to do at the moment would be to encode the byte[] into the
text format that the server returns, but this is clearly not an ideal
solution.

Kris Jurka

PS (Great to see you back in action!)