Re: Using bytea with ResultSet.getBytes("..."). Problem. Help!!

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Using bytea with ResultSet.getBytes("..."). Problem. Help!!
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, roman wrote:

> I have a problem with reading big binary data from BYTEA field. I write
> to it about 16MB pdf file (as byte[] array) sucessfully, but when I try
> to read it back I have an exception:
>
> Exception occurred during event dispatching:
>        at org.postgresql.util.PGbytea.toBytes(PGbytea.java:53)

You don't mention what driver version you are using, but 8.2-504 and
higher will be slightly stingier about the amount of memory it uses.  You
still need a lot of memory to retrieve large results, but this version is
better.

Kris Jurka