Re: is_array_type vs type_is_array

От Jeremy Drake
Тема Re: is_array_type vs type_is_array
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com> writes:
> > Was there some change in functionality reason for renaming is_array_type
> > to type_is_array?
>
> Just to sync style with type_is_enum ... there were more of the latter
> than the former.

OK, so it is safe to just #define one to the other, right?

> > It broke compilation of fulldisjunctions,
>
> Sorry, but we change internal APIs every day, and twice on Sundays.
> Deal with it.

This is why I build fulldisjunctions in my sandbox, because when I decided
to try it out one time, I could not get it to compile.  After much effort
getting it happy with HEAD and sending the changes back to the maintainer
of fulldisjunctions, I thought a good thing for me to contribute is to
make sure it continues to compile cleanly against HEAD and send patches
when it breaks.  I just wanted to make sure that the functionality of this
function did not change in some way that I did not see before sending a
patch to the maintainer of fulldisjunctions.  "Deal with it" was not the
response I was expecting, as that is exactly what I am trying to do ;)

--
It is generally agreed that "Hello" is an appropriate greeting because
if you entered a room and said "Goodbye," it could confuse a lot of