Re: Max size for bytea type

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Max size for bytea type
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Do, Leon (Leon) wrote:
>
>> Sorry, it is my mistake.   It is wrong data type.
>>

> Still there is a TODO item here.  The driver shouldn't bail out with an
> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.  It might be best to fail immediately for a
> getBytes call on something that isn't bytea data.  It's conceivable that you
> there is bytea escaped data in a text field, but really, what are the odds
> (and use cases) of that?

Checking the code behind this, I see:

AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:2150

     if (fields[columnIndex - 1].getOID() == Oid.BYTEA)
     {
         return trimBytes(columnIndex,PGbytea.toBytes(this_row[columnIndex - 1]));
     }
     else
     {
         return trimBytes(columnIndex, this_row[columnIndex - 1]);
     }

So the check I suggested already exists and I don't understand how you got
this error.  Do you still have your test case handy?

Kris Jurka