Re: JPOX Types.CHAR error

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: JPOX Types.CHAR error
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Jason Porter wrote:

> I'm playing around with JPOX right now trying to get things to work, but
> I'm having a problem with mapping the Java types to the JDBC types it
> seems like.  JPOX comes back and tells me that the JDBC driver doesn't
> support Types.CHAR, which I find very hard to believe.
>
> 22:47:00,978 (main) ERROR [JPOX.SchemaTool] - An exception was thrown
> during the operation of SchemaTool. Please refer to the log for full
> details. The following may help : Failed to generate new Mapping of type
> org.jpox.store.rdbms.mapping.CharRDBMSMapping, exception : JDBC type
> "Types.CHAR" not supported by the JDBC driver. Please check your
> specification of "jdbc-type" and the driver capabilities.
>     at
> org.jpox.store.rdbms.adapter.DatabaseAdapter.getTypeInfo(DatabaseAdapter
> .java:706)
>
>     at
> org.jpox.store.rdbms.mapping.CharRDBMSMapping.getTypeInfo(CharRDBMSMappi
> ng.java:205)

A quick check reveals nothing obviously wrong with how
DatabaseMetaData.getTypeInfo returns data for Types.CHAR.

The best thing to do would probably add some debugging code to JPOX to
show how it sets up its type information and what it thinks is has
available when the failing call is made.

Kris Jurka