Re: Behaviour of setAutoCommit may not be completely correct.

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Behaviour of setAutoCommit may not be completely correct.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> It looks to me like Sun is trying to clarify their reading of that
> detail with the javadoc change.  It's a crummy way to handle it; they
> should have updated the spec.  But I'd say the handwriting is on the
> wall about what the next spec version will say.

The JDBC 4.0 public draft spec says:

The default is for auto-commit mode to be enabled when the Connection
object is created. If the value of auto-commit is changed in the middle of
a transaction, the current transaction is committed. If setAutoCommit is
called and the value for auto-commit is not changed from its current
value, it is treated as a no-op.

The JDK1.6 beta2 javadoc confirms this:

NOTE: If this method is called during a transaction and the auto-commit
mode is changed, the transaction is committed. If setAutoCommit is called
and the auto-commit mode is not changed, the call is a no-op.

So I think we're fine.

Kris Jurka