Re: Intermittent stats test failures on buildfarm

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Intermittent stats test failures on buildfarm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> What we are left with turns out to be multiple occurrences of the first
> pathology on exactly three buildfarm members:
>
>     ferret        Cygwin
>     kudu        Solaris 9, x86
>     dragonfly    Solaris 9, x86
>
> So what to make of this?  Dunno, but it is clearly a very
> platform-specific behavior.  Anyone see a connection between Cygwin
> and Solaris?

One thing to note about kudu and dragonfly is that they are running under
vmware.  This, combined with cygwin's reputation, makes me suspect that
the connection is that they are both struggling under load.  Although
canary (NetBSD 1.6 x86) is setup in the same fashion and has shown no such
failures.

I'm also in the process of moving, so I put this machine in a box last
night and it won't be up and running for a week or two.  I do have very
similar copies of the OS image running on other machines if you'd like me
to test something specific.

Kris Jurka