Re: implementing asynchronous notifications PLEASE CONFIRM

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: implementing asynchronous notifications PLEASE CONFIRM
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, David Gagnon wrote:

> I tought of another solution .. but again I have no Idea what is the
> performance cost or if it's feseable at all.  Perl (don't know perl at all
> :-(() allows global variables
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/plperl-global.html

These globabl variables are not truly global, they are per connection, so
you can't store something in one connection, issue a NOTIFY and pick it up
from the LISTENing connection.  You would need to put these actions into a
real table to make it available to more than one connection.

Kris Jurka