Re: ResultSet.getObject returning PGobject

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: ResultSet.getObject returning PGobject
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> I don't have a reproducible test case, and the messages from the
> software are not providing a lot of data, but out of a run with millions
> of invocations of ResultSet.getObject, five of those returned an object
> of class org.postgresql.util.PGobject.  As far as I can see, this would
> have to be a bug in the JDBC driver.  I'm still trying to chase it down,
> but I thought I should post here to give everyone a heads up, and
> possibly get some suggestions.

It is expected that the driver will return a PGobject if there underlying
column data is of a type not directly mappable to a Java type, and if
there is a pg specific java type configured in the driver.  Traditionally
we've had additional support for some of the geometric types, but if this
is something new I would guess it would be the added support in 8.1 for
the interval datatype.

Kris Jurka