Re: More Verbose Logging of Statements

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: More Verbose Logging of Statements
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Rob Kirkbride wrote:

> I've been trying to understand the documentation at
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/runtime-config.html but I can't get
> it to put into my logfile the actual contents of prepared statement
> parameters. I just get $1, $2 etc. I'd like to show me what those are either
> in the actual line or below I don't mind which.

No, the JDBC driver uses the new extended query protocol by default which
the server does not log very well.  You could make the driver fallback to
the older protocol by using the URL parameter ?protocolVersion=2 which is
logged fully, but then you're not really testing the same thing if you are
trying to debug a problem or do a performance analysis.

Kris Jurka