Re: Deletes and large tables

От Edmund Dengler
Тема Re: Deletes and large tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just did a sanity check. I dumped the DB schema, and there is indeed a
foreign key reference into the table. Now interestingly, the table
pointing in has no index on the column, but is a relatively small table
with only entries near the end of the large table.

So looks like I was getting CPU bound because of a sequental scan of the
smaller table per delete.

Dropped the constraint, and deletes are now much faster.

Regards!
Ed