Re: Exception from deadlock

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Exception from deadlock
Дата
Re: Exception from deadlock  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Re: Exception from deadlock  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Joseph Shraibman wrote:
>
> > So my quesion is where did that detail information go in the jdbc driver?
> >
> > I'm using postgres 7.4.7 with the jdbc driver that comes with it.
>
> Can you try an 8.0-era driver from jdbc.postgresql.org? There have been
> a number of changes to server error message handling since 7.4.

Actually this is the same in 7.4 and later versions.  The level of detail
put into the exception message is derived from the loglevel URL parameter,
see the toString method.

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgjdbc/cvs/co.php/pgjdbc/org/postgresql/util/ServerErrorMessage.java?r=1.8

Later driver versions (8.1dev) allow pg specific code to access all of the
fields individually to craft any message they desire.

I personally like the idea of putting more information into the default
error message.  How much more do people want?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/protocol-error-fields.html

Kris Jurka