Re: batch inserts are "slow"

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: batch inserts are "slow"
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > There are several hacks floating around that add COPY capabilities to
> > the pgjdbc driver. As they all are rather simple hacks, they have not
> > been included in the cvs yet, but they tend to work fine.
>
> FWIW, Dave Cramer just added beta COPY capability to JDBC.   Contact him on
> the JDBC list for details; I think he needs testers.

I believe Dave has remerged a patch for COPY I posted over a year ago, but
he has not yet published it.  I would guess it has the same bugs as the
original (transaction + error handling) and will meet the same objections
that kept the original patch out of the driver in the first place (we want
a friendlier API than just a data stream).

Kris Jurka