Re: batch inserts are "slow"

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: batch inserts are "slow"
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
batch inserts are "slow"  (Tim Terlegård, )
 Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Christopher Petrilli, )
  Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Tim Terlegård, )
   Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Steve Wampler, )
   Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Christopher Petrilli, )
 Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Tim Terlegård, )
  Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Christopher Petrilli, )
 Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: batch inserts are "slow"  ("David Parker", )
  Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Markus Schaber, )
   Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Josh Berkus, )
    Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Kris Jurka, )
     Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Dave Cramer, )
   Testing list access  (Jona, )
 Re: batch inserts are "slow"  (Chris Browne, )

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > There are several hacks floating around that add COPY capabilities to
> > the pgjdbc driver. As they all are rather simple hacks, they have not
> > been included in the cvs yet, but they tend to work fine.
>
> FWIW, Dave Cramer just added beta COPY capability to JDBC.   Contact him on
> the JDBC list for details; I think he needs testers.

I believe Dave has remerged a patch for COPY I posted over a year ago, but
he has not yet published it.  I would guess it has the same bugs as the
original (transaction + error handling) and will meet the same objections
that kept the original patch out of the driver in the first place (we want
a friendlier API than just a data stream).

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Bad n_distinct estimation; hacks suggested?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Bad n_distinct estimation; hacks suggested?