Re: BUG #1624: connect uses properties before URL

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: BUG #1624: connect uses properties before URL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Tom Donovan wrote:

> Bug reference:      1624
> Logged by:          Tom Donovan
> Email address:      tdonovan@macromedia.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8-0-311
> Details:
>
> The JDBC DriverManager calls connect() in all loaded drivers to find a
> driver for a URL.

Then what is the purpose of Driver.acceptsURL ?

> The PostgreSQL driver iterates the properties before checking if it is a
> PostgreSQL URL.  If properties for any other driver are large (i.e. for an
> in-memory db) or not String (as they should be) - this fails.

Could we see an actual failure scenario (stacktrace) here?  I don't see
why a large number of properties would be a problem.  A non-String object
in a Properties is a problem in the calling code, not ours.

Kris Jurka