Re: Loosing connection with the database

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Loosing connection with the database
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, [UTF-8] Poul Møller Hansen wrote:

> I have rewritten the application so every client thread is opening a new
> database connection, and yesterday it happened again.
> ---
> 2005-04-11 12:27:54 ERROR:  invalid string enlargement request size
> 1358954492
> 2005-04-11 12:27:54 WARNING:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress
> state
> 2005-04-11 12:27:54 FATAL:  invalid frontend message type
> 78
> ---
> The application is opening a socket listener, and every client
> connection opens a new connection to the database.
> The clients sends a status message every 2nd minute that are written to
> the database.
> I'm using Postgresql version 7.4.7 and jdbc driver version
> pg74.215.jdbc3.jar.
>
> Do you have a clue on what's going on ?

No, I don't.  Do you have any more information?  What is your code doing
when it fails?  Just issuing a regular query?  Are you using any of the
less common driver features: Large objects, fastpath api, a COPY patch?
If the driver had a protocol problem I would expect it to be rather
repeatable.  If the driver had a synchronization problem it should have
disappeared when you moved to a single thread model.  I've attached the
test script I've used to try and beat on the driver.

Kris Jurka
Вложения