Re: JDBC and transactions

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: JDBC and transactions
Дата
Re: JDBC and transactions  ("Chris White (cjwhite)" <cjwhite@cisco.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Chris White (cjwhite) wrote:

> 1) When does a transaction start? As soon as I do the first insert/update on
> the connection or as soon as I set autocommit off?
> 2) After doing a commit, when does the next transaction start?

This depends on the driver version you are using.  The 7.4 driver starts a
transaction immediately upon setAutoCommit(false) and starts the next
transaction immediately upon commit.  The 8.0 driver starts the
transaction on the first execution for both the initial and subsequent
transactions.

Kris Jurka