Re: [postgis-devel] JDBC & WKB - 400% overhead

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: [postgis-devel] JDBC & WKB - 400% overhead
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Markus Schaber wrote:

> Oh, I thought that binary transmit was implemented in 8.0 :-(

Binary transmission was done for sending bytea data, which was a big win,
but that's something we can do because we know we're sending binary data.

> As there are at least plans to use caching of prepared statements, it
> also should be possible to cache this information together with the
> prepared statement. This would reduce the number of roundtrips.

That's true, this information could be received on the first query or say
a PreparedStatement.getMetaData() call.  This would definitely be a
simpler thing to do, but still 8.1 material I think.

Kris Jurka