Re: PLJava and Database Meta Data

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: PLJava and Database Meta Data
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> PLJava has its own JDBC driver that is implemented directly on top of
> JDBC. At present, it lacks support for DatabaseMetaData. One option for
> us might be to borrow a lot of code from your driver, and perhaps apply
> some modifications to it. This raises two questions:
>
> 1. Do you have any objection to us using parts of your code?

Go right ahead.  It's BSD licensed for just such a reason.

> 2. If minor refactoring would make it possible for us to share the code
> unmodified, would you see that as something worth pursuing?

Certainly something to look into, but I fear there may be too many
differences, especially in how things like encoding and ResultSet creation
are handled.  Additionally the driver returns only the JDBC 2 spec fields
even when built and called as a JDBC 3 driver.  I've been thinking a
little bit about how to return different fields for different JDBC
versions without duplicating a whole lot of work, so some reorganization
seems to be in order.  It would be great to tackle both of these projects
at the same time.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: Crystal Reports / PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Crystal Reports / PostgreSQL