Re: SQLException: Invalid precision value. Cannot be less

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: SQLException: Invalid precision value. Cannot be less
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Nebojsa Vasiljevic wrote:

> [CachedRowSet doesn't like -1 precision values for numeric]

This has been discussed, partially offlist, with Sun in the context of
getColumnDisplaySize returning -1 for text and varchar with no length
attribute fields.  I've been waiting for a suggestion from Sun on what
value to use, or if they will alter their code to remove this check.

Your suggestion of using 0 passes their check, but still isn't legal:

jurka=# create table nt (a numeric(0,0));
ERROR:  NUMERIC precision 0 must be between 1 and 1000

The -1 value is intended to indicate we don't know or unlimited or
similar and I don't particularly like it, but I've yet to hear a better
suggestion.

Kris Jurka