Re: Postgresql 8.0, Tomcat 5.5 postgresql-8.0.309.jdbc3.jar

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.0, Tomcat 5.5 postgresql-8.0.309.jdbc3.jar
Дата
Ответ на Postgresql 8.0, Tomcat 5.5 postgresql-8.0.309.jdbc3.jar and hiber nate 2.1 on Windows XP - could not receive data from client: No connectio n could be made because the target machine actively refused it  ("Kolli, Kishore" <Kishore.Kolli@siemens.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Kolli, Kishore wrote:

>  I am trying to upgrade a web app running postgres7.3, tomcat 4.1 to the
> above environment. I have installed the new postgres 8.0 port and the
> postgresql as a service under user postgres. I can deploy the application to
> tomcat and everything seems to be running ok until I try to open a database
> session. The program gets kicked out with no exceptions. ( I have the open
> session method sandwiched in a try-catch clause and there is also finally
> segment). As soon as I try to open a db session, the program goes to finally
> clause with no exception thrown and when looked into the postgres log, I see
> the following error message
>
> "2005-02-01 00:23:55 LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection
> could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
> 2005-02-01 00:23:55 LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection"

The server code in question (src/backend/libpq/pqcomm.c) explains why
no error is sent to the client.  Why the error happens in the first
place is beyond me though.

Kris Jurka

r = secure_read(MyProcPort, PqRecvBuffer + PqRecvLength,
                                        PQ_BUFFER_SIZE - PqRecvLength);

if (r < 0)
{
    if (errno == EINTR)
            continue;               /* Ok if interrupted */

        /*
         * Careful: an ereport() that tries to write to the client
         * would cause recursion to here, leading to stack overflow
         * and core dump!  This message must go *only* to the
         * postmaster log.
         */
        ereport(COMMERROR,
                         (errcode_for_socket_access(),
                         errmsg("could not receive data from client: %m")));
        return EOF;
}