Re: setObject on PGInterval throws "Unknown Type null"

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: setObject on PGInterval throws "Unknown Type null"
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Jean-Pierre Pelletier wrote:

> "func(?)" will be rejected by the server at runtime if there is ambiguity,

Not always, sometimes it will resolve the ambiguity itself in a less than
expected manner:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-10/msg00114.php

> In the case of "? IS NULL", I don't understand how the type of the null
> would affect the evaluation of this boolean expression.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-10/msg00118.php

Oliver also mentions problems with anyelement/anyarray functions:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-10/msg00116.php

I am OK with all of these failings because they are easily solvable using
casts or strong typing, while the Types.OTHER case is not easily solvable.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: setObject on PGInterval throws "Unknown Type null"
Сообщение: Re: setObject on PGInterval throws "Unknown Type null"