Re: Removing our datasource/pooling implementation.

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Removing our datasource/pooling implementation.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> What needs fixing in our PooledConnection implementation? I can take a
> look at repairing whatever concerns you. I haven't noticed any problems
> myself, but our app hardly exercises the whole class..

First I don't use our PooledConnection and I'm also a little unclear on
whose resposibility (CPDS vs the actual pool) certain things are, so this
is just a combination of anecdotes and looking at the code.  Nothing is
really broken for normal use, but when something goes wrong there is very
little error detection and fallback.  Specifically when a connection to
the database server is lost via a server restart or even potentially user
level code Statement.execute("SET client_encoding TO 'LATIN1'); the dead
connection is not destroyed and will keep being given to clients.

Kris Jurka