Re: postgres and Jdbc 2.0

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: postgres and Jdbc 2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 2)  If I want to add these features to JDBC driver, is there anything
> that has to go to                          database itself.

Generally JDBC questions are best discussed on the
pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org list.  First make sure you are working with the
latest source code available from
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgjdbc/projdisplay.php which as
Dave mentioned has implemented some of these methods already.  As to
whether anything needs to be added to the server, that depends on your
implementation.  The Blob/Clob positioning seems like it could be done
more efficiently on the server side.  Also the server doesn't have a Ref
datatype, so you really can't implement get/setRef without it.

Kris Jurka