Re: PreparedStatement.getMetaData() and Creator

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: PreparedStatement.getMetaData() and Creator
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:

> >We just tested postgresql in house and found that the driver is
> >returning null for PreparedStatement.getMetaData()

It may be possible to do that now.  Previously PreparedStatements were
implemented by doing the substitution on the driver side and sending the
full query to the backend, so the only way to get the metadata was to
actually run the query.  With the new V3 protocol support it seems
possible to issue Parse and Describe messages without issuing Bind or
Execute.

Kris Jurka