Re: Statement as a parameter of a method

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Statement as a parameter of a method
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Jean-Michel Zigna wrote:

> It looks like if the statement parameter declared and used in Main and send
> to the actu.setTheme method to execute the new query is closed when closing
> the resultset in Actu.setTheme. We solved the problem by declaring a new
> statement in Actu.setTheme and changing the signature a this method as below.
>
> Please, can you tell me if JDBC specifications are not compatible with the
> old version of the source ? Can we declare a statement as a parameter of a
> method, and if, what are the limits when using it in the method ? Do we
> need to change a postgres parameter or setting ?

From the ResultSet javadoc:

A ResultSet object is automatically closed when the Statement object that
generated it is closed, re-executed, or used to retrieve the next result
from a sequence of multiple results.

This means you can only have one open ResultSet on a given Statement at a
time which your original coding violates.

Kris Jurka