Re: ResultSerMetaData.getColumnDisplaySize() with timestamp

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: ResultSerMetaData.getColumnDisplaySize() with timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Dario V. Fassi wrote:

> I believe that the method   ResultSerMetaData.getColumnDisplaySize()
> with timestamp columns return 0 length
> when they would return 19 or 26.

Yes it appears to only handle timestamp and not timestamp with time zone.
Will fix.

> The same way , methods getColumnPresicion()  and getColumnScale() .

I'm not sure what this comment means.  I'm guessing you'd like to be able
to tell the difference between timestamp(0) and timestamp(6), but that is
not clear.  As I understood it these numbers were really only for numeric
types, but extending that to timestamps does seem useful.

Kris Jurka