Re: JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type get

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type get
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Sailer, Denis (YBUSA-CDR) wrote:

> I did not mean to imply that we are loading blobs that are 1GB in size.  We
> can't even get one loaded that is 1.5 MB, even when we specify jvm size of 1
> GB.  Yeah that's gigabytes.  If this thing was working correctly there
> wouldn't be any need for the posts that we've seen and 1GB jvm size would
> certainly handle a blob of 1.5MB

I didn't realize how bad this was until I tried using the attached test
program.  With the default settings the driver can't load a 2MB byte
array, but I don't agree with your claims of increasing jvm size not
helping.  With -Xmx128M I was able to load the 2MB array, but not 3MB
which is pretty scary (128 MB can't load 3MB of data?).  With the patched
version of the driver and default memory settings I was able to load a
25MB array before I started to swap badly as the postgresql backend was
taking up a fair amount of memory in addition to the other things I've got
running.

Getting this patch applied has jumped up many notches on my todo list
because of this.

Kris Jurka

Вложения