Re: DB failure?

От Chester Kustarz
Тема Re: DB failure?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Wes Palmer wrote:
> PostgreSQL: 7.4.1
>
> Last week, I had a corrupt index on one table with 2 million rows.  On a
> specific search, the database would SEGV.  I dropped and recreated the index
> involved in the search, and did a REINDEX on the primary key.  That problem
> went away.
>
> Now I'm seeing:
>
> db=> select count(*) from messages;
> ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 859000513
> DETAIL:  could not open file "/db/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0333": No such file or
> directory

I saw the above 2 types of errors (transaction status, segv) yesterday on
a box that turned out to have issues writing files correctly to disk. I
wrote a tool to write a large file to disk and then reopened the file
to read/verify the contents and it would fail every so often (like 1-5% of
the time.) What puzzles me is that the machine would work at all with an
issue like that. Turning on/off the battery backed cache had no effect.

The machine has ECC memory, but I tested that as well but it turned up
nothing. I am using PostgreSQL 7.4.1.