Another access control query

От Mark Jewiss
Тема Another access control query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Similar to other questions I've seen posed in the last day or so,
apologies if this exact question has been asked, I don't think it has.

I want to restrict access to a set of databases to connections from a
specfic machine and a specific user.

Lines in my pg_hba.conf file are similar to this:

host    db1    serverip    netmask    password

Effectively what I want to do is have something like:

host    db1    username1    serverip    netmask    password
host    db2    username2    serverip    netmask    password

thereby ensuring that it is not possible for user2 to connect to db1 from
the same machine.

I know I can set up the different db's so that table security only gives
any access to the user I want, but that is fiddly. Being able to do the
above and prevent connections to the database will resolve that issue.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Mark.
--