ODBC under OpenBSD

От Louis Bertrand
Тема ODBC under OpenBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Hello all,

I'm trying to build ODBC support under OpenBSD and I run into a link-time
problem in src/interfaces/odbc. I get a namespace conflict in regexp
functions between the built-in support in PostgreSQL (src/backend/regex)
and OpenBSD's native /usr/lib/libcompat.a .

I checked the FreeBSD port and NetBSD pkgsrc and they don't appear to
address ODBC at all.

The exact error message occurs in src/interfaces/odbc:
ld -x -Bshareable -Bforcearchive -o libpsqlodbc.so.0.25 info.o bind.o
columninfo.o connection.o convert.o drvconn.o environ.o execute.o lobj.o
misc.o options.o pgtypes.o psqlodbc.o qresult.o results.o socket.o parse.o
statement.o gpps.o tu ple.o tuplelist.o dlg_specific.o -lcompat -lm
-lreadline -ltermcap -lcurses
/usr/lib/libcompat.a(regerror.o): Definition of symbol `_v8_regerror'
(multiply defined)
/usr/lib/libcompat.a(regex.o): Definition of symbol `_v8_regerror'
(multiply defined)
gmake[2]: *** [libpsqlodbc.so.0.25] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/louis/ports/postgresql/work/postgresql-6.5.1/src/interfaces/odbc'

1) Which of the two libraries should I keep? -- it sounds to me that I
should keep the one that comes with pgsql for consistent results.

2) How do I tell autoconf in src/interfaces/odbc to _not_ link the
unwanted library?

Thanks
 --Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada

OpenBSD: Secure by default.  http://www.openbsd.org/