Re: [HACKERS] Hashing passwords (was Updated TODO list)

От Louis Bertrand
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Hashing passwords (was Updated TODO list)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It would be nice if the password scheme you finally settle on can be
optionally replaced (compile-time) by the password hash available native
on the OS. In the case of OpenBSD, the Blowfish-based replacement for the
DES or MD5 based crypt(3) is better suited to resisting dictionary and
other offline attacks by fast processors.

This suggestion is useful in case the shadow password file is compromised.
It is independent of any challenge-response protocol you apply upstream.

Ciao--Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada

OpenBSD: Because security matters.  http://www.openbsd.org/